Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Computers, Can't Live Without Them, Can't Smash Them Against the Wall



Yes, I realize that the picture I posted has no bearing what so ever on my post subject (see title), but it is my feeble attempt to remain calm by viewing lovely art work, that's it, deep cleansing breath in . . . .
Several things are converging to spoil my remaining, lovely 2 days off from work. First, it that time of month; Second, my allergies are making me feel nauseated and dizzy; Third, My computer is/has been giving me nothing but grief when I am on-line.
Mielikki thinks it may have a lovely virus (It has never been w/out a firewall or virus protector thingy!!!!), sigh. The disc/CD/DVD drive is also broken, so yes, this means a trip to the computer fix-it shop, sigh. I hate computer withdrawls especially since I am obsessed with writting the novel(s). My mother, being the sweetie that she is offered to loan me her lap-top while mine is incarcerated. So at least I can keep writting although I won't be able to go on-line. I will admitt it,I have been a mean cruel, disloyal PC user, person, and have been brousing the MacBooks, sigh . . . ooooooh, pretty . . . I use to be a MacPerson, many years ago.
So I guess, tomorrow will be the day to take this beastie in and have it looked at knowing full well that it will be a minimum (spelling???) of 2 weeks before I can bring it home. Sigh . . .

5 comments:

CamiKaos said...

I very seriously considered a macbook pro when I bought this laptop (well the one before this as this is a replacement). Sometimes I think I would have been better off if I went that route but since we are a multi computer household in the end it just made a lot more sense for me to get something with a compatible OS.

though they were lovely and tempting.

mielikki said...

Newman likes the Mac, too. * pretty sure I told you that, grin.*
I am still considering getting a Mac laptop, and having both this archaic machine, and that. We shall see. . .

Bubblewench said...

You want a Mac? Go for it. What's stopping you?

Celtic Rose said...

Well I bit the bullet, ordered a MacBook Pro . . . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can hardly wait!!!
I just feel a tinsy winsy bit gulity . . . but I know it will vanish when I first open my lovely Mac, sigh.......

sybil law said...

Yay! Whatever makes you happy!
So you can still post, right?!