Tuesday, July 10, 2007

26 Years Old



Today our marriage is 26 years old. We had a simple ceremony at the courthouse, no fuss, no muss, no $. It all seems like a million years ago, and yet I can't imagine my life without him, nor would I want to. He is responsible for a large part of who I have become, if only because of his love and support. He has always believed in me, and always sided with me, even when I was wrong. Ours was never meant as a 'throw-away' marriage. We did have a really close call in our 4th year, but the idea of seperation scared us both so much that we sat down and talked. If something was/is wrong, we work on it, talk about it, even if we don't agree. We are friends, companions, and lovers.
Time has flown by since our first few dates. It flew even faster after we were married, to the point were it boggles my mind.
I can honestly say that communication and mutual respect in a marriage is key to its health and longevity. Oh and lets not forget trust! Being friends helps a great deal too. That and a sense of humor, even if it is a little twisted.
He brought home pizza tonight and a bunch of flowers mixed with pink roses. He is a good guy and I love him alot. Happy Anniversary Sweet-heart!

5 comments:

CamiKaos said...

congrats.

what a sweet post.

Celtic Rose said...

Thanks!

mielikki said...

oh you guys are just so freaking sickining!
Just kidding. Happy Anniversary. Sure you don't want to come into work?

Bubblewench said...

Wonderful!

sybil law said...

Happy [late] Anniversary!!!