Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cleaning Frenzy

Okay, I will admitt it, I am a procrastinator. I have known for a month that my daughter is due to come down from Eugene Oregon on Saturday for a visit, and I need to clean.So of course I wait til Thursday. But if I had cleaned earlier, I would just have been cleaning again, right?

The difference with this trip is Tim. Yup, the boyfriend. My darling daughter is going to be 22 in October, she has lived on her own now for 2 & 1/2 years. She is independent and has n-e-v-e-r allowed anyone this close. Tim is the first boyfriend to be acknowledged AND brought home to meet the family!!!
Y-I-K-E-S !!!!!

So, I am cleaning . . . sigh, I hate worrying about first impressions. My daughter assures me that Tim is more nervous than I am . . . we will see. I hope he isn't expecting Suzie Homemaker or Betty Crocker, cause I am neither of those types. You can not and shouldn't eat off of my floors unless you have a death-wish.

They arrive Saturday, then I have to work both Sunday and Monday night (12 hrs shifts) . . . so I won't return to the land of the living until Wednesday. The 4th of July is to be over at my folks house and then we are having Taco, Enchilada, and Margarita Dinner Party on Thursday. By then he shouldn't care about how our house looks, right?
I will take notes and report back about Tim, the boyfriend.
I will keep you posted . . .

4 comments:

mielikki said...

lol, birds of a feather flock together. I do the procrastination dance all the time.
I am sure that Tim will be charmed with your house, especially the wonderful trees and flowers outside. If not, then, just ply him with the Margarita's! Yipee!

Celtic Rose said...

Here's hoping!

sybil law said...

Wow! That's some exciting news, huh?!
I hope the cleaning helped excise some of your anxiety, but since she's your daughter, I am sure she's fine. Or, rather, that she's picked a good guy!
You must blog and let us know what you think of him when they're gone!

Celtic Rose said...

I will for certain!