Monday, May 5, 2008

Viva Cinco De Mayo



Well its that time of year again. Kinda the Mexican Version of St Patrick's Day. Cinco de Mayo, the day everyone celebrates with mas cervezas, well, almost everybody.
I would like to take this time to thank Mexico for its many gifts to us, tacos, arroz con pollo, corona, but mostly I'd like to thank the country for my Esposo.



My beloved husband claims that he looks like he recently crossed the rio grande in this picture. I kinda like it regardless.
His mother's maiden name was Saldevar and when I look at the old family photos (none of which I have scanned into my computer yet, sorry), you can see the Mexican and Indian heritage. I always felt bad that mi bonito esposo's madre, never taught her children spanish.
At the time when she and Mr. G. married in the 1930's, in Texas, it was dangerous to marry a white man, a gringo. My mother-in-law had been betrothed to another, a mexican, approved of by her family. But, she climbed out her window and ran away with Mr. G. instead.

I am grateful for that. Very grateful.
So I shall raise my glass of imported mexican beer tonight at dinner with my husband and give thank for Mexican Imports!
Gracias!

2 comments:

mielikki said...

Days late on this but I am sure you will understand....
happy late Cinco de Mayo...

Bubblewench said...

OH! That is so cute! Nice pic! He's handsome! Hope you had a good one.