Monday, April 28, 2008

Blog-Hermit



My apologies all around for having been absent here in blog-land. I haven't even been hitting the site once a week . . .
No excuses really. I have been battling a weird restlessness that I have found very unsettling. Especially since it being kept company by a hermit-like attitude.
One big problem for this hermit, is the fact that I have no privacy at home. It has been invaded by carpenters, plumbers, and inspectors, (oh my!).

It will only get worse this next month, when they take away two of my walls and put up a thin layer of plastic between me and them. Sigh. Now I know the contractor, so that is comforting, but I am not use to sharing my space. Writing, my solace, has been sporadic at best because I am finding my concentration sucks.

I know it is only temporary, really I do, sigh.

So here I sit, at the public library. It's pleasant. Nice air conditioning, no phones, no distractions. But I can't have a nice hot cup of tea next to me. Ah well, here is hoping I can write a bit.

Bye for now . . .

3 comments:

mielikki said...

yeah I am still working out my privacy thing here, with now MM and MG... its why I have only been writing short stories lately. I want to write, but I have to work out a way to do it with an almost constant audience. Especially now that summer is coming.

Celtic Rose said...

It won't be easy, but the rewards outweigh the trouble you go through to get some time for you and all those 'voices'.
It's like a steam kettle, whistling madly threatening to explode!

Bubblewench said...

I'm glad you checked in.

Won't they all be gone soon and you'll have your space back? I hope so.