Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Holidays are Upon Us



Everywhere you look the holidays are upon us. I haven't truly
celebrated Christmas now for quite a few years. We have no room for a tree.
Not even a tiny table top. But hopefully, next year that will all change.
(Did I mention we are doing a little re-modeling and a tiny addition? No? Well, that's for another post.)
Anyhow, it is different when you have no little ones at home, and
none in the wings as it were.
Just us . . .
Every Christmas eve we gather at my parents house for a pot-luck
dinner, a gift exchange, and good company.
This year my daughter will be in Montana with her boyfriend Tim.
She is going to met the rest of his family . . . poor sweetie,
I think she is a bit overwhelmed.
With construction going on and no decorations up, or baking going on it
doesn't feel much like the holidays to me.

The weather isn't even co-operating . . . I am having to settle for
pictures of snow. Ah well, the most important part is still intact,
good friends and family, even though part of my heart will be in Montana.

2 comments:

mielikki said...

oh but when the house is done it will be so much fun to make up for these holidays you haven't been able to decorate for. And, sometimes, I'd really like the non holiday holiday that your experiencing. As they say "the grass is always greener". Come over and sniff my tree if you need a pick me up.

Bubblewench said...

Good luck to daughter! I'm sure she will totally be loved by them all.

Oh when that construction is done, it will be so nice! Have Christmas in February or whenever it's done! Who says it HAS to be in December? Oh yeah, the calendar.